Morning Meditations on Yahweh from Proverbs 29

Prov. 29:13 רָשׁ וְאִישׁ תְּכָכִים נִפְגָּשׁוּ מֵאִיר־עֵינֵי שְׁנֵיהֶם יְהוָה׃

The poor and the oppressor meet together; Yahweh enlightens the eyes of them both.

Information: Yahweh is responsible for giving sight to the eyes of all men, regardless of their status.

Implication: All men are dependent upon Yahweh. All men should be grateful. All men are responsible to Yahweh for their use of His gift.

Inclination, i.e., how should this truth enliven my will and emotions, inclining them to glory in Yahweh and gladness in Him?: I am thankful for sight! Please grant me to fear using your gift for sinful purposes. “Take my eyes and let them be, pure, compassionate like Thee.”

Prov. 29:25 חֶרְדַּת אָדָם יִתֵּן מוֹקֵשׁ וּבוֹטֵחַ בַּיהוָה יְשֻׂגָּב׃

Fear of man creates a snare, but the one trusting in Yahweh is safe.

Information: Yahweh is trustworthy. Yahweh is strong. Yahweh makes Himself available to those who trust Him. Yahweh exercises strength for those who trust Him.

Inclination: I rest from fear of alarms, from fear of attacks, from fear of the future, from fear of my inadequacies. Ah! Blissful rest in trusting Jesus! I rejoice at my invulnerability in Yahweh. Nothing can touch me that He does not permit. Incline my heart to trust You more fully. Grant me greater grace to trust you in all things great and small.

Comments

Michelle Tierney said…
I just studied Isaiah 40:12-31.

Our incomparable God gives strength and rest to those who trust in Him and not in themselves.

It gave me pause to stop and reflect on my own fear and the "idols" I've sometimes depend upon instead of God. As well as what does it mean to "wait on the Lord"

I've decided to spend some of my quiet / study time focusing on the attributes of God.

There is no one like our God!
I really appreciate you coming up with this article.

Monique of Ayala Greenfield Estates

Popular posts from this blog

How to Pursue Peace and Holiness (Heb. 12:14)

Remove not the ancient landmark ... what does that mean?

Red Wine! Don't Look! (Proverbs 23:31)